Aloha and Welcome!
Thank you for your interest in working for the Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA). HTA is an equal opportunity employer. For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to Denise Kahalekulu firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only qualified candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and experience will be contacted. No walk-ins and/or telephone inquiries will be accepted.
BUDGET & FISCAL OFFICER
POS Number: 107904
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt, Non-Civil Service
Salary: $80,000-$90,000 annually commensurate with experience
Division/Agency: Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA)
Location: Honolulu, Hawai‘i
Note: Relocation costs will not be paid
Performs duties and responsibilities appropriate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks:
- Providing support and project management for the HTA Vice President of Finance.
- Overseeing the daily accounting transaction processing, including cash receipts, disbursements and contracts.
- Preparing monthly and annual closing entries.
- Reporting transactions to the State of Hawai‘i’s accounting division.
- Reconciling various reports of accounting activity.
- Preparing and summarizing monthly financial statements.
- Reviewing travel expenditure documentation.
- Coordinating preparation of annual audits.
- Maintaining compliance with policies and procedures of the State of Hawai‘i and HTA.
- Supporting the organization’s internal control structure.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization using clearly organized thoughts, proper sentence construction, punctuation and grammar.
- Effectively communicate instructions and information both verbally and in writing.
- Be committed to teamwork and to quality in everyday work.
- Work independently and without direct supervision.
- Perform complex and confidential assignments.
- Make complex mathematical calculations and draw logical conclusions.
- Provide thoughtful and thorough analysis.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-works and leadership team
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited educational institution.
- Minimum of four years progressively responsible experience of related experience are highly desirable.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
- Travel to/from meetings.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment, including a computer, telephone, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm hand and eye movement.