Hawai‘i Tourism Authority Seeking Proposals for Island Visitor Education and Brand Management Support Services
For Immediate Release: October 4, 2023
HTA Release (23-43)
HONOLULU – The Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA), which actively works among communities statewide to holistically manage tourism in a sustainable manner, is seeking proposals to procure visitor education and brand management support services through island representation for Kaua‘i, O‘ahu, Maui, Moloka‘i, Lāna‘i, and Hawai‘i.
The support services being procured through RFP 24-06 Island Destination Brand Management & Marketing Services will be guided by HTA, its 2020-2025 Strategic Plan, community-based Destination Management Action Plans, and the HTA Board of Directors.
The contractor’s work will support HTA’s visitor education efforts, including pre-arrival initiatives of its Global Marketing Team throughout U.S., Canada, Japan, Oceania, Korea, China and Europe, and post-arrival, on-island visitor education.
The support services include:
- Serving as on-island representatives on behalf of HTA for visitor education, visitor industry engagement, and public relations activities.
- Serving as advisors to HTA on the respective islands and The Hawaiian Islands statewide brand.
- Collaborating with HTA’s Global Marketing Team to develop and implement familiarization trips and press trips to areas that are welcoming visitors.
- Traveling to HTA’s Major Market Areas to provide island-based visitor education support during promotions, trade shows, and missions.
- Coordinating with city and county government officials and designated organizations regarding crisis management support related to visitors and/or the visitor industry.
The contract will commence on January 1, 2024, and will end on June 30, 2024 in alignment with the fiscal year budget cycle, with an option to extend for an additional four 12-month terms and one six-month term or parts thereof.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to participate in HTA’s pre-proposal conference via Zoom to be briefed on the procurement process and to ask questions. The pre-proposal conference will be held at 9 a.m. on October 9. Proposals are due to HTA by 2 p.m. on November 6, 2023.
HTA will use the Hawaiʻi State eProcurement System (HIePRO) at hiepro.ehawaii.gov to issue the RFP, receive all offers, and issue any addenda to the RFP. Inquiries regarding the RFP should be directed to [email protected].