U.S. West & U.S. East
The U.S. West and U.S. East are Hawai‘i’s two largest source markets for visitors. The U.S. West market includes visitors who travel to Hawai‘i from the 12 states west of the Rockies, and the U.S. East includes all other states. Hawai‘i Tourism USA’s plan continues to focus on attracting visitors who know the islands and want to mālama (take care of) Hawai‘i during their visit. The Mālama Hawai‘i campaign is a partnership with visitor industry partners and volunteer organizations that invites visitors to stay in a new way – to take the time to really know the island, form a deeper connection with Hawai‘i’s culture, travel mindfully and mālama Hawai‘i.
- Deliver targeted communications to both attract the right profile of visitors to Hawai‘i, and subsequently manage their engagement/impact while in destination.
- Continue to support the travel trade through strategic marketing, training, and education initiatives; and align with qualified travel advisors who deliver the desired Mindful Hawai‘i Target Travelers and cultivate them as effective advocates for Hawai‘i.
- The Mālama Hawai‘i campaign will continue to evolve in a phased approach:
- Continue to shape the Mālama Hawai‘i narrative and evolve content into a more direct call-to-action that educates visitors and shows how they can create impact.
- Audiences continue to evolve as they now include on-island visitors and residents.
- Media channels must evolve beyond driving awareness via inspirational content, to inspiring action through education and initiatives.
- Continue to communicate with travelers to Hawai‘i after they book their trip and then continue the conversation as they are enroute, upon arrival and while they are in Hawai‘i, with travel, health and safety, and appropriate behavior education.